Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Healing for My Soul

For the past two years now, my girlfriends and I have joined together to do what is called the Daniel Fast (www.daniel-fast.com).  This fast typically occurs the beginning of the year (now) and lasts 21 days. The basis for the fast is to follow the same diet restrictions utilized by Daniel in the Bible.  Though the fast itself can result in weight loss, our purpose is to gain spiritual clarity and total body cleansing.  In addition to the dietary restrictions we share scripture, inspirational messages (texts, email, phone) and prayer.  It's an awesome experience that not only brings you closer to God but also builds us up as sisters.

Having had the latter part of 2012 be quite trying, I thought what better way to start the blog year than to chronicle the first major girlfriend's undertaking of 2013.  It's won't be easy but I'm sure in the end it will be worth it.  

No comments: